Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Friday The 13th

I've shown a movie or two that are underestimated, now I want to show a more popular category, which shows a once horror, now considered Suspense-Thriller Genre. For as long as I remember, the Friday The 13th films have made an impact for the Jason fans out there (at least along the first 2 or 3 amongst the 30 remakes and sequals...... yeesh). However the most recent remake, Marcus Nismel did an awesome job. Nismel gave us a proper look into where Jasons' origins began and why his slayings occurred. The angles and shots had so many jumps and kept u guessing what would he do next. There were some predictable moments, (for those who understand foreshadowing, you will be able to read it easier) yet overall a worthwhile experience.

2 comments:

  1. I completely agree! This movie was awesome.. Quite refreshing from the regular storylines, and what i have now come to expect.. but the unexpected is what makes a good horror film, and not just a scary movie..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! This movie was better than many of the "sequels" that were made. I enjoyed how they showed Jason's origins, as well. I jumped out of my seat many times during this movie!! I can tell you this much:I WON'T be going camping THIS summer..

    ReplyDelete